Thursday, March 31, 2016

Darrell B. Harrison ― Why I Cannot and Will Not Support Donald Trump for President

The conservative Republican in Georgia explains why he cannot support Donald Trump if he wins the GOP nomination for president: 

"I want to say at the outset that I am one of the five percent (or so) of black voters who did not support Barack Obama in 2008 and 2012.

My decision had nothing to do with race.


That I did not vote for the person who would become the first black president in the history of the United States, was nothing more than a matter of ideological dissonance. 

In the more than 10 years since Barack Obama burst onto the national political stage at the Democratic National Convention in 2004, I have found that the worldview he espouses is incompatible with my own. It is for that reason alone that I determined I could not support the man.

It’s that simple.

Fast-forward to 2016 and the same can be said as it relates to Donald Trump.


Though I am a registered Republican I will not support, indeed I cannot support, Donald Trump were he to win the Republican nomination for president. I realize that statement won’t move the Dow Jones Industrial Average or give impetus to media outlets to interrupt their regularly-scheduled programming."

Read the full article HERE.