Thursday, March 31, 2016

Darrell B. Harrison ― Why I Cannot and Will Not Support Donald Trump for President

The conservative Republican in Georgia explains why he cannot support Donald Trump if he wins the GOP nomination for president

"I want to say at the outset that I am one of the five percent (or so) of black voters who did not support Barack Obama in 2008 and 2012.

My decision had nothing to do with race.


That I did not vote for the person who would become the first black president in the history of the United States, was nothing more than a matter of ideological dissonance. 

In the more than 10 years since Barack Obama burst onto the national political stage at the Democratic National Convention in 2004, I have found that the worldview he espouses is incompatible with my own. It is for that reason alone that I determined I could not support the man.

It’s that simple.

Fast-forward to 2016 and the same can be said as it relates to Donald Trump.


Though I am a registered Republican I will not support, indeed I cannot support, Donald Trump were he to win the Republican nomination for president. I realize that statement won’t move the Dow Jones Industrial Average or give impetus to media outlets to interrupt their regularly-scheduled programming."

Read the full article HERE.