Saturday, April 23, 2016

Darrell B. Harrison ― Yes, Even Princes Are Mortal

A black conservative laments the passing of Prince, who died this week at age 57




I will admit that I was as shocked as anyone upon hearing the news yesterday of the death of Prince Rogers Nelson.

To be completely honest, I’m still a bit taken aback by it.

I will refer to Prince only by his name, as attempts to find adequate superlatives to describe his numerous talents and gifts would be utterly futile. Suffice it to say, particularly for those of my generation who were fans of Prince since the early days of his career, the man was the closest thing to a musical genius this side of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.
Prince could do it all – literally.

You may find it hard to believe, but back in the day – from the late ’80s through the late ’90s – I used to DJ house parties and make reel-to-reel mix tapes for outdoor events like barbecues and graduations.

Read the full article HERE.