Friday, April 8, 2016

Crystal Wright ―Trump’s Women and Mouth Problem

"While I haven’t endorsed any candidate, I’ve supported the spirit of Donald Trump’s presidential candidacy.
But it’s getting hard to continue excusing his un-presidential and childish behavior. The Republican front-runner had me with his tough talk on immigration. He’s losing me with his medieval talk on women and abortion.
In an interview with MSNBC host Chris Matthews, Trump said if abortion was banned in the U.S., women should receive “some form of punishment” for having one.
Seriously? Really? That was my reaction when I heard what Trump said. As a woman who is pro-life, I was repulsed by Trump’s ghoulish comments. What kind of “punishment” was Trump envisioning — perhaps women would be waterboarded, flogged or maybe authorities would perform genital mutilation?
Before the Supreme Court’s Roe v. Wade ruling in 1973 that legalized abortion, women were indeed “punished” for getting back-alley illegal abortions. Many became infertile or died as a result of botched abortions. The front-runner for the Republican nomination essentially thinks women who have abortions deserve to die."
Read the full article HERE.