Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Hasan Harnett ― Why I Am A Republican

On June 6, 2015, Hasan Harnett became the chairman of the North Carolina Republican Party. But he wasn’t always a Republican…

Hasan Harnett is the first black chairman of North Carolina's Republican Party. 

(Medium.com)

"My story is probably a good example of how the Republican Party can and is growing by reaching out to different communities in North Carolina and across the country… and succeeding.

I wasn’t always a Republican… In fact, I only formally became a Republican much later in life… or rather, I didn’t realize I was a Republican until much later in life. I grew up poor in a rough neighborhood and in an area that was majority Black. I grew up where it was expected that you were a Democrat because of the color of your skin. Everyone was, and no one thought a thing of it.

But growing up, I was also taught two things: work hard, and get an education. I was told that would lead to success."

Read more: https://medium.com/@NCGOP/why-i-am-a-republican-2b8dc5c87646