Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Colion Noir - Going Full Auto



"This past weekend I got the opportunity to attend a machine gun shoot courtesy of the guys at 5 Toes Custom. To people like me, machine guns are tactical unicorns. Due to NFA laws that ban the transfer and sale of any machine gun produced after 1986, as well as the jaw-dropping, clearly prohibitive price of pre-1986 machine guns, fully automatic rifles are incredibly hard to come by. So, when you get a chance to shoot a machine gun, you drop everything you’re doing and run; there is nothing like the felt recoil from a gun shooting 700 to 900 rounds a minute. 

 Besides its scarceness, why is there nothing like shooting a fully automatic gun? When you think about it, is it really that exceptional? You pull a trigger and bullets come out really fast. That’s all there really is to it, right? Yet, when you a put a fully automatic gun in my hands and I fire it, I’m consumed by this irresistible urge to giggle like a toddler with the biggest shit-eating grin on my face."