Saturday, August 24, 2013

Black Conservatives vs. the Republican Party Of Virginia

If Republicans expect to win back the White House in 2016, they'll probaly need to win back the State of Virgina. The Democrat's have now won Virginia twice in a row. According to exit polls reported by The New York Times, Mitt Romney carried 61 percent of the white vote in Virginia, Obama carried 93 percent of the black vote, 64 percent of the Hispanic vote and 66 percent of the Asian vote.

With such dismal outcomes one would think the Republican Party Of Virginia would be trying to reverse this trend. The article below, from Virginia Black Conservatives, seems to indicate that they have learned nothing from the past election. The Republican Party Of Virginia apparently cant event hold on to its black conservative supporters.

How pathetic!




And So It’s Come to This….


 
By Carl Tate

A few weeks ago I was invited to attend a roundtable of African-American conservatives with gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli. This is standard fare in my world, every Republican candidate throws this particular bone out to black conservatives, we sit and listen while the candidate promises us the world and we usually don’t see him until 1 or 2 years later at a reception or something. I’ve been to hundreds of these things. But the gentleman who extended the invitation to me let me know that he was told not to invite me because I had been critical of Mr. Cuccinelli earlier this year.

So even though I have devoted 20 years of my life to volunteering and supporting Republican candidates, going door to door for them, passing out literature for them, monitoring polls for them, speaking on their behalf and working for them, I’m apparently now not good enough to attend a meeting of black conservatives with them? Even though the meeting consisted of fence sitters and conservative Democrats? But a former political appointee of a Republican Presidential administration was nearly not invited? Let that sink in.

And that’s just my own personal story, there are many other black Republicans in this state, some who have come forward already, others who haven’t because they still hope this party will live up to its promises. But as for me, I’m done with the Republican Party and her candidates. Effective immediately. Now I am not declaring my support for the Democratic Party and its candidates for statewide office. The Democratic Party does not represent my values and as it goes won’t for a very, very long time. And I still plan on continuing to fight for the issues that are most important to me, the sanctity of life, education reform and the like, just not as a flunky of the Republican Party. If Republican candidates want my support they’ll have to ask.

Read more: http://vablackconservatives.wordpress.com/2013/08/23/and-so-its-come-to-this/