Friday, October 12, 2012

Anne Wortham - A Black Sociologist's Appreciation of Ayn Rand

Anne Wortham has written that Ayn Rand's "natural-law defense of individual rights confirmed my misgivings about the civil rights movement and gave me the language of freedom and justice with which to formulate my doubts about civil rights policy... But the influence of Rand's ideas on my life went further still and helped me to understand human liberation in a deeper-than-political sense."

In this video, Dr. Wortham, Associate Professor of Sociology at Illinois State University and author of The Other Side of Racism: A Philosophical Study of Black Race Consciousness, presents a lecture on Ayn Rand's contribution to her intellectual development to the Economics Club at Loyola University New Orlean on November 11, 2010.

See http://www.atlassociety.org/honoring-ayn-rand-my-freedom-march