Wednesday, January 9, 2019

I follow the Moskva
Down to Gorky Park
Listening to the wind of change
An August summer night
Soldiers passing by
Listening to the wind of change




A commenter on  "Song Meanings" said this about the song.

"This song means a lot to me too, I'm from West Berlin. I was 19 when the Brandenburg Gate was opened in November 1989 and we all ran through the cordon of soldiers and stepped on East German soil for the first time in our lives. Our whole lives before that had been lived under the spectre of nuclear war. The start of the 1990s with the reunification of our country, the collapse of the Soviet Union, the fall of the Wall, the freeing of the Warsaw Pact countries, was so full of hope and possibilities. I remember thinking that this was the year my life REALLY began." 

I still cry when I hear this song.

Side note

- Moska is a river in Russia.
- Gorky Park is a park in Russia.