Wednesday, September 9, 2015

The Beauty of Small Churches

No place do I feel more closer to God and my ancestors both the Christians and those who followed Africa’s religions of various forms, than I do at a rural Negro church.


Source:  (AfroTraditionalist)

No place do I feel more closer to God and my ancestors both the Christians and those who followed Africa’s religions of various forms, than I do at a rural Negro church. For it was there that, these two great paths towards God mingled and gave us many of the practices we have in the Black Church today and our culture at large. The ring shout, catching the holy ghost, the great Black American Gospel music that is derived from Negro Spirituals, that swing you hear in your favorite Jazz composition, down on to the style of oratory made famous by too many Black preachers to name.

So if you’re in need affirmation, a way to rekindle your connection to community (which is harder and harder to maintain in this age) visit these churches or even the remains of one, its metaphysical impact can be great if you are open it. God bless you.