Sunday, June 22, 2014

Dr. Ben Carson - Remembering Dr. Maya Angelou

"I recently had an opportunity to visit with Dr. Maya Angelou who graciously welcomed me to her home in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. Even though she is now 86 years of age, she is sharp as a tack and her wit and intellect remain very apparent. Like myself, she is concerned about the direction of our nation and the fact that we seem to be willing to abandon many of the godly principles that have guided us in the past. I asked her what it was like to be such a creative person and in her typical modest fashion she said I was the last one who should be asking such a question. We chatted about some of our common friends and I was thrilled to have an opportunity to walk around her magnificent property and see the many statues of well-known individuals such as Dr. Martin Luther King, Mahatma Gandhi, Duke Ellington and a host of other luminaries. It was an unforgettable experience and I thank God for blessing us in the United States and throughout the world with the gift of Dr. Maya Angelou."